Sunday, September 15, 2013

WONDERFUL FINE MARKET

I am so excited to tell you about the WONDERFUL FINE MARKET! Over the summer Niki Hollahan of KNIX FIBER ART and I decided to organize a Saturday market for the fall. We booked a venue at the Royal Canadian Legion, which is located right downtown, and  has all kinds of parking. Our opening market was September 7, and yesterday was the second market, we have next weekend off due to a wedding and then we are booked for all the Saturdays up to Christmas! It has been a crazy busy time trying to get the market on the go and make products to sell at the market, but it has all come together for a fabulous event! We have farmers with local produce, handmade local crafts, yummy food, face-painting, storytime, live music, puppets.We have been on the radio and in our local newspaper and the first two markets were awesome! I'll try to get better photos as the Fall progresses.
This is our official logo, with a big warm thank-you to Jordan Bennett for the design!



These last four photos are via Niki Hollahan. We have a group page on FaceBook if you would like to be connected.

                                                   


                                                    

                                                     

                                                     

I wish you could all be there, it is such a sweet time!

7 comments:

  1. I'd like to beam right in!!!! Wow!! What a wonderful thing to organize and be a part of!! I can not wait to see more pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I would love to be there ... what an amazing thing! I am so proud of you and happy for you, it looks wonderful and I'm sure will be a huge success. Have tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be fun if you could both just pop in? Susan, your leather bags and wall hangings would be perfect here...and the hugs you get all day will keep you high for a whole week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! It sounds like so much fun!! I wish we could go more often to things like that, but there aren't a lot of crafty fair things here. It's usually IT fairs or furniture fairs or travel fairs *duh*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!! What a lovely and creative idea! I took part in a 4-day market in summer selling my crafts and they were the best 4 days in my summer! I just love markets like these, where people get together, chat, browse and hang out! I wish I could take part in yours, too!!!!!!! I wish you all the luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ShannonAnn! Your market sounds like a great idea. I have just moved to the area and I would love to check it out! I am assuming that you are still running on Saturdays so I will come around next week. I am a lampwork artist just moved to York Harbour from Ontario. From your photos and information it sounds like you have quite an arts community in the area. Looking forward to connecting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janis, I would love to meet you, our market runs every Saturday to Dec.21, please come by and check us out! Join us on the Wonderful Fine Market FB page for up to date info.

      Delete

Comments are welcomed and enjoyed.