Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Big, Beautiful Roxy!

I am so excited to tell you, to tell anyone who will listen, that beautiful Roxy is now officially my very own Newfoundland dog! She has been living on this beach for as long as I have, she grew up playing with my beloved Moses and we have both missed him terribly this past year. Her true owner has grown, moved to Alberta and has started a family of his own and feels that Roxy is better off staying on her beach. I am delighted to have her!







I just love her coat but it is so matted, actually felted, I tried to tease out the dreads but quickly realized it wasn't working out too well, plus Roxy wasn't happy either, so it will need to be sheared off. Roxy is eager to please and is just the sweetest dog!

I wish you a happy summer solstice too!

9 comments:

  1. Ha ha...this is one adorable pooch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is a lucky one to have found you! Have a wonderful summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is adorable, isn't she? I think Roxy and I need each other, I am so looking forward to spending the summer with her. Thank-you both for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's beautiful, your own teddy bear, I've known several wonderful Newf's.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh....She is so beautiful!
    My Mom had a Newfoundland, Kelly, she was amazing...So gentle yet protective.
    Thank you so much ShannonAnn for your kind comments. I am going through a rough spot but will be in touch soon. School is one more month so I'm trying to keep up...
    Ugh.

    Hope you have lots of fun with Roxy...How's Your weather over there? Beach season?
    Have a great long weekend!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice dog. In French, his name is Terre Neuve.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine my life without a dog or two. And sometimes, it's best to puppy-cut it in the summer, and let it dread in the winter.
    She looks super happy to be staying with you!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH MY!! What an adorable cuddly big love bug :-}

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks and welcome Lorraine, Your little creatures are adorable too!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcomed and enjoyed.